About Online Applications
You should only continue with your online application if you have read and understood how to apply via the Melbourne JD application process.
If you still have questions, or are unsure whether to apply now, please register your interest. This will enable us to contact you to assist with your enquiries.
To Apply Now
Continuing with your application will open the University of Melbourne online application system in a new window. Click the link below to start the application process. To select the Juris Doctor as your preferred course, you must first select Masters by Coursework in the Course Type area of the online system. The study package code for the Juris Doctor is MC-JURISD.
Please note that we do not have a mid-year intake. The JD commences in February each year and strict application deadlines apply.
Please leave this page open as you complete your online application.
- Each local (Australian citizen, New Zealand citizen and Australian Permanent Residents) application received will be assessed for a Commonwealth Supported Place and an Australian Fee place. Please do not submit two applications for the same round.
- If you are a current University of Melbourne student, previous student or if you have ever applied for any University of Melbourne courses (including non JD applications), please do not register and apply as a new applicant. Refer to the instructions on the right of the Online Application System page to log in.
- Please ensure that you have the following items prepared before applying:
- A scanned copy of your transcript/s;
- Your personal statement;
- Your 8 digit LSAC account number (e.g. L12345678). Please ensure that there are no gaps between the letters or numbers;
- Any other documents (if applicable).
- If you are unable to upload your documents, please complete your application (accepting your terms and conditions is the last step) and email your documents to firstname.lastname@example.org . Please include your student number or 6 digit application username, full name and date of birth.
- Please note that when listing your qualifications in application requirement 1, 'Course' refers to the name of your qualification (e.g. Bachelor of Arts) and not subjects. If your qualifications fit in the text box provided, you do not need to upload your qualification summary.
- Please ensure that fields noted as mandatory are completed and read the instructions for each requirement before submitting your application.
- You will receive a confirmation email once you have successfully submitted your application.
Application for credit from previous graduate law studies.
Graduate Access Melbourne
For students recognised to be under-represented in higher education or students who experienced hardship in their undergraduate studies.
Guaranteed Entry (CSP or Australian Fee)
For students who achieved an ATAR of 99.0 (completed high school from 2007) and commenced undergraduate study at the University of Melbourne (conditions may apply).