Courses & Subjects
About the 2013 Program
- Approximately 165 subjects offered in 2013.
- New discrete specialisations in Environment Law and Energy and Resources Law, offering both a Masters Degree and Graduate Diploma.
- Approximately 35 new subjects across a range of specialist legal areas.
- More subjects in emerging areas of specialisation including regulation, international trade, comparative law, common law and many others.
- Two subjects will be taught interstate in Sydney and Brisbane.
- More than 50 international teachers will come to Melbourne to teach in the Melbourne Law Masters. These visitors will include scholars and practitioners from almost every continent of the world. We are excited to welcome international visiting lecturers from a host of other prestigious world universities including George Washington, Cambridge, New York, Oxford, Chinese University of Hong Kong and the London School of Economics
- Our international visitors will be joined by Law School experts and about 100 teachers from other parts of Australia, mostly from various branches of the legal profession. These teachers are also drawn from state Bars, the Judiciary and firms and corporations.
Courses & Subjects
How to apply
Subject timing and format
- All subjects are taught in an interactive seminar style.
- Around 90% of subjects are offered on an intensive basis (see below).
- The remaining full-length semester subjects are offered for two hours per week over one semester.
- Class sizes normally range from 20 to 30 students.
- Tuition takes place within a limited period, normally of five days, with around five hours of classes per day.
- Comprehensive reading materials are provided approximately four weeks prior to the commencement of an intensive class
- It is expected that students undertake substantial reading before classes begin.
- Teachers and students are likely to be in contact with each other electronically from the time reading materials are released to the time assessment is due.
- Intensive subjects are ideal for busy professionals and provide an excellent opportunity to immerse yourself in the subject content.