Karen Sinclair is an Australian Registered Patent and Trade Mark Attorney and graduated from Monash University with majors in organic chemistry and microbiology as well as studies in biochemistry. Karen joined the profession in 1987 and has been a Principal of Watermark since 1995, and Chairman of the firm since 2008.
Karen takes a strong interest in the theory and practice of intellectual asset management as well as in technology transfer.
Heavily involved in training in the patent attorney profession since 1999, Karen is also a Senior Fellow in the Faculty of Law at Monash University teaching Validity and Interpretation of Patent Specifications, and was an Examiner for the Patent Attorneys Professional Standards Board prior to the outsourcing of Patent Attorney qualifications.
- a member of the Professional Standards Board for Patent and Trade Mark Attorneys in Australia,
- a member of the Advisory Board of the Intellectual Property Research Institute of Australia,
- a member of the Australian Institute of Company Directors,
- a Past President of the Licensing Executives Society of Australia and New Zealand, and
- a Governor of the Victorian chapter of the American Chamber of Commerce.
Karen was Watermark’s Practice Group Leader for the bioscience and chemical technology industries for nearly 15 years, and is based in Watermark’s Melbourne office.