Melbourne Law School has a global outlook, equipping students with the skills and knowledge needed to work in an increasingly interconnected world.
The Law School's strong international focus means students will have opportunities to study overseas and the chance to explore exciting subjects that track and responds to global legal developments.
Our academics work internationally and transnationally, bringing their expertise to develop a comprehensive curriculum that allows students to work confidently across national boundaries.
Melbourne JD Students can:
- Graduate with two internationally recognised qualifications through the dual degree programs offered in conjunction with Oxford University, New York University School of Law or Chinese University of Hong Kong, after competitive selection by partner schools.
- Go on student exchange and choose from a variety of locations across the world including the USA, Canada, Belgium, Ireland, Germany, UK, Israel and Singapore.
- Study transnational and international legal issues with faculty and students from leading global law schools at the Center for Transnational Legal Studies (CTLS) in London.
- Choose from two exciting subjects abroad, both of which are taught at international hubs and focus on broadening the student experience: Institutions in International Law (Geneva) and Global Lawyer (Washington DC and New York City).
- Apply for the Allan Myers Scholarship, which enable students who hold or are working towards a professional qualification law degree from MLS to pursue masters level studies at Oxford University.
MLM students can:
- Learn from and engage with more than 50 international visiting experts and scholars who teach in the MLM each year.
- Take one or more approved subjects towards an MLM degree from a Masters program overseas.
- Undertake an international legal internship at an approved international institution or organisation.
- Network with a diverse international student body, representing almost 40 countries from across the globe.