The Enemy Within: Cultural Anxiety, Counter-Terrorism and Sedition
Time: 6:00 PM - 9:15 PM
Geoff Boucher, Justin Clemens, Russell Grigg, Matt Sharpe (Deakin Centre for Psychoanalytic Studies)
Description:The Enemy Within will be a public forum for audience and speaker discussion of the sedition laws recently introduced in Australia. It is the second in the Terror Seminar Series – an interdisciplinary series hosted by the Institute for International Law and the Humanities, the Melbourne School of Continental Philosophy, Ashworth Centre for Social Theory Melbourne University, and the Deakin University Philosophy Department. This forum will consider:
- The construction of an historical enemy
- Sedition laws
- Issues of national identification
- Intellectual freedom and censorship.
This seminar will offer opening comments from speakers from the Deakin Centre fo Psychoanalytic Studies, followed by panel discussion and then a forum for audience discussion with speakers.
Law School Building, 185 Pelham Street CARLTON VIC 3010
- We strive to ensure the accuracy of information in our database but please be advised that details are subject to change. Where appropriate, we will contact you regarding such changes before finalising your registration/order.
- I understand that I may be filmed, audio recorded and/or photographed and that these may be used in materials and publications produced by Melbourne Law School, the University of Melbourne and its affiliates.
- My name and contact details may be included, at the discretion of the organiser, in materials relating to the event including, but not limited to, Melbourne Law School electronic and printed materials and materials produced by the organiser.
- The information on this form is being collected by Melbourne Law School and its associated research centres. You can contact Melbourne Law School on +61 3 8344 4475. The information is being collected to enable processing of your registration to an event hosted by Melbourne Law School and its associated research centres.
- Information may also be passed on to other groups within the Melbourne Law School for the purpose of updating databases and producing communications relevant to the Melbourne Law School.
Terms & Conditions for Paid Events
- Online payments may only be made by credit card (Amex and Diners are not accepted). If you need to pay by cheque, please email the contact person for the event allowing sufficient time prior to the event to ensure that payments may be processed.
- All prices are in Australian Dollars and include 10% GST (tax) where chargeable. GST is payable by overseas registrants.
- Refunds may only be provided based on the details and dates provided in the event brochure or event web site. Where cancellations are not eligible for a refund, a replacement delegate will be permitted.
- Late registrations and registration changes may incur an administration fee.