Open Day Sunday 19 August 2012
Time: 10:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Melbourne Law School offers a diverse range of programs for law and non-law graduates. Come and talk to our helpful course advisers about programs in a range of specialist legal areas.
With a history spanning more than 150 years, Australia’s first law school continues to be a leader and innovator in teaching the next generation of skilled legal professionals. To See all activities available at Melbourne Law School on Open Day, please refer to the program below:
Sign up to plan, save and share your Open Day Itinerary
10:30am, 11:30am, 12:30am, 1:30pm, 2:30pm, 3:30pm (30min each)
Information Session - Find out why Melbourne Law School is Australia’s number one law school. Join our leading academics to discover more about our range of programs, beyond-the-classroom learning opportunities and your future career possibilities. These information sessions will answer many of your questions on the Melbourne Juris Doctor (JD).
11am - 2pm
Moot Court Members from our award-winning Jessup Moot Team will be available to answer questions and to discuss their success on the world stage.
12:00pm, 1:00pm (30min each)
Student Panel Discussion - Join current and former students as they share their experiences of studying law at Melbourne. With lots of opportunities to ask questions, this session is your chance to find out what it's really like to study law and how you can become part of it.
11:00am, 2:00pm (30min each)
Sample Lecture - Attend a sample law class with one of our leading academics.
Melbourne Law School Course Advice - Talk directly to our staff who will be available all day to answer questions about studying law at Melbourne, including the Melbourne JD, Melbourne Law Masters and Melbourne Law Doctorate programs.
Specialist Legal Course Advice - Melbourne Law School offers a diverse range of programs for law and non-law graduates. Come and talk to our helpful course advisers about programs in a range of specialist legal areas.
Graduate Research Course Advice - Are you interested in taking a graduate research degree in law and unsure of your options? Talk to our helpful student advisers who can provide more information on the Master of Philosophy (MPhil) and the Doctor of Philosophy (PhD).
Careers Advice - Learn where the Melbourne JD can take you. Hear from experts in the Melbourne Law School Careers Office.
Law Library - Explore one of the most comprehensive law libraries in Australia
Moot Court - Learn about mooting and see how it prepares students for real courtroom action.
See what our students get up to when studying at Law School on our Facebook Page
Melbourne Law School
185 Pelham Street Carlton, 3053
firstname.lastname@example.org or 9035 8737
- We strive to ensure the accuracy of information in our database but please be advised that details are subject to change. Where appropriate, we will contact you regarding such changes before finalising your registration/order.
- I understand that I may be filmed, audio recorded and/or photographed and that these may be used in materials and publications produced by Melbourne Law School, the University of Melbourne and its affiliates.
- My name and contact details may be included, at the discretion of the organiser, in materials relating to the event including, but not limited to, Melbourne Law School electronic and printed materials and materials produced by the organiser.
- The information on this form is being collected by Melbourne Law School and its associated research centres. You can contact Melbourne Law School on +61 3 8344 4475. The information is being collected to enable processing of your registration to an event hosted by Melbourne Law School and its associated research centres.
- Information may also be passed on to other groups within the Melbourne Law School for the purpose of updating databases and producing communications relevant to the Melbourne Law School.
Terms & Conditions for Paid Events
- Online payments may only be made by credit card (Amex and Diners are not accepted). If you need to pay by cheque, please email the contact person for the event allowing sufficient time prior to the event to ensure that payments may be processed.
- All prices are in Australian Dollars and include 10% GST (tax) where chargeable. GST is payable by overseas registrants.
- Refunds may only be provided based on the details and dates provided in the event brochure or event web site. Where cancellations are not eligible for a refund, a replacement delegate will be permitted.
- Late registrations and registration changes may incur an administration fee.